Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow....

This is my Grandma and Grandpa Barnes the first time they ever met Sam. I love my Grandparents smiles. They are truly contagious.
This is my Grandpa Jenson with Samantha the first time he met her. I love this picture. He was such a fun Grandpa!

These last two months have made me realize how fragile life is. I lost my Grandpa Jenson as well as my Grandma Barnes. It has been a couple months of emotion and traveling and just kind of rediscovering where I came from. I love my family so much and losing 2 people in such a short amount of time has been really hard. It has made me realize what is truly important to me in my life. My family and the Gospel. I am so thankful for both and could not have made it through these hard times with out them. My Grandparents have left such a legacy and it has truly inspired me to be a better person. One thing I can say is that with each passing I was blessed with the opportunity to see family that I have not seen in a long time and it was wonderful. The following are some pictures of choice moments from the past couple of months.
Even on our 8th flight I still adore my kids. LOL Not that I wasn't ready for a break!!!
Hunter loves his Dad soooo much! And Stephan is the biggest sucker for his boy! What a great Dad!
This girl was having the time of her life at Disneyland Can you tell :)?!?!?!
This is the family at Deer Lake. One of the most important places on earth to me. I am so happy I could be there with my husband and kids.
This is me and all of my cousins who mean soooo much to me. I truly felt at home when I was finally able to be with them.
Samantha and Hunter and my niece's Kaylie and Layla. Some of the cutest wonderful little kids I know.
This picture leaves me at a loss of words. This is my Grandpa at my Grandma's burial.
Our visit with Granny Gail was cut short due to my Grandmother's passing but the time we had with her was great!
This is my good friend Becca and I after running/walking my first 5K! Becca was such a great support and it was a real accomplishment for me.

11 Responses to "Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow...."

Lindsey Cortes

Wow! You inspire me!!! You got some of the best qualities of all our Grandparents. I truly admire you.

Marissa says
November 29, 2009 at 11:43 PM

I am so sorry about your Grandparents. It so awesome to have the Gospel, it truly gets us over that hump! It is so great to see that you are so strong. Keep hanging on, it all gets better! BTW: Congrats on doing the 5k! It is such an accomplishment :)

Lindsay Jane says
November 30, 2009 at 3:19 AM

Congrats on your 5k!!! Way to go!

Lovely Lisa says
November 30, 2009 at 1:19 PM

(cough, cough) YestErday.

Sorry, copy editor on the loose. :) I love these pictures, and I'm so sorry about your grandparents. On a happier note, though, SO PROUD of you doing the 5K!! That was fun, wasn't it?

Amanda Goldsmith says
November 30, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Thanks Everyone!!!!

Amanda Goldsmith says
November 30, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Thank you copy editor! I am gonna send all of my post to you for proofing ;)

AJ says
December 1, 2009 at 2:37 AM

It has been a rough couple months for you. Love you, Amanda. It was good seeing you at Grandpa Jenson's funeral.

Becca says
December 1, 2009 at 10:17 PM

I'm glad that your trip went well and that Sam made it to Disney after all!

Chrissy says
December 2, 2009 at 1:13 AM

all of these pictures are great! it was sooo great to see you guys! miss you :)

Monty and Kristin says
December 11, 2009 at 2:04 AM

Wow, what an emotional roller coaster! I admire you strength and echo your appreciation for the gospel. What would we do without it. Love the 'fun' pictures too of your trip. Fun to see ya.

good job with the 5K!:)

esianoyam3 says
December 15, 2009 at 2:02 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to create so many amazing memories with them over the years, and that you were able to be there when everything happened.

And I'm glad you still had a wonderful vacation.

Congrats on the 5K!!