Reason for Hunters Cast....

Hi everyone! I sure have had fun Blogging I had no idea what an assortment of blogs are out there. I neglected to specify why Hunter had a cast in my last post! My friend Erin told me to tell everyone it was a skiing accident which raised a few eyebrows however nothing that exciting. Hunter was born with a Club Foot here is a link that gives details on what a club foot is and shows a picture http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_foot. (MAN I just published this and then tried the link and it doesn't work. You will have to copy and paste until my techno geek husband can fix it! Sorry!) So since he was born we have been battling with getting it straightened which mostly includes different casts that slowly pull his foot outwards. This last cast was on for a month because he had a tendonoscopy. Which means that they cut the tendon in the back of his foot and then seriousely twisted his foot like 90 degrees. It looked really crazy however I think it was more painful for me to look at then it was for Hunter. So know we are done with casts (Hopefully) and on to the shoes. They are a pair of White leather shoes with a metal bar in between them. They are quite annoying and drive both Hunter and I a little crazy. We are working on getting used to them as he has to wear them 20 out of the 24 hours in a day. So there you have it the story of Hunters Cast's :)

4 Responses to "Reason for Hunters Cast...."

Lovely Lisa says
November 17, 2008 at 11:28 PM

That's a very interesting link. Thanks for the update! I hope he will become the next Troy Aikman. :)

Stiber Family says
November 18, 2008 at 12:50 PM

My friend's little boy was also born with club feet (both of his). It was interesting to watch how they casted him and cut his heel cords to. He actually had to have it done twice, because the doc screwed up his shoes and one turned back in. Now he is almost walking, which they are super excited about. As soon as he is fully walking, the shoe time is reduced for him. I hope all goes well for Hunter. Wish you were closer so I could hold him and snuggle him!

Marissa says
November 26, 2008 at 4:02 AM

I would have never known...you learn something new everyday! He's so cute...he looks like mommy...who is very pretty! cute little guy! :)

TammeNBen says
December 20, 2008 at 9:48 AM

I did not know he had a club foot. I have a friend that just finished with the casts for her little boy. She blogs about it, here is her blog, grantsluckyfoot.blogspot.com

Sam is growing so fast! How is nursery going for her?