Introducing the "Land Yacht"! (by Stephan)

So there you are, little old white person driving through the ghetto because you took a wrong turn, or maybe your spouse said "I think I know a short-cut".  You come to a stop light and look around at your surroundings in which there are a few guys on the corner in front of the local convenience store, some kid walking down the street with his pants half-way down to his ankles, and then a 1980 Chev Caprice rolls up beside you sitt'n on 24" rims vibrating your windows and mirrors with its massive sub-woofers in the trunk. 
Your window is rolled down to enjoy the nice spring air but then you think to your self "maybe this is dangerous, what am I thinking?", and go to hit the switch to roll it up.  But wait, the young fellows in the Caprice next to you are checking you out....no they are checking your car out.  They give it a good once over and then something that has never happened in your entire life all of the sudden happens...you get the approving "nod"!  Yes, you have just gained the respect of the ghetto!!  You both drive away, you are feeling like you are on top of the world and you turn to your spouse to find him/her's knuckles white, and face contorted with fear!  This will be a day to remember, something to write home about, the day you earned the respect of every black man!!
Introducing my new car the 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance!  I bought this car from my boss's brother who's in-laws owned it when they ran a funeral home.  Needless to say, it is in great shape, interior is immaculate, and I got a great deal on it.  I know some of you may be thinking "is he serious, he is stoked about this car?".  To those who know me well, you know that this is the car for me!  Hope you enjoy the pics!
 

  
 

11 Responses to "Introducing the "Land Yacht"! (by Stephan)"

Lovely Lisa says
April 15, 2009 at 10:39 AM

LOL!!!!! That is so great. I love it. Great introductory story, too. What does Amanda think, though?

Jill Land says
April 15, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Yeeeaaaaahhh! Very cool.

What's the Fancy Dance? says
April 15, 2009 at 5:00 PM

That is the biggest, hooptiest thing I have ever seen. And I want a ride in it sooooo bad.

Think we could take up a collection Sunday to get some spinner rims on it?

Amanda Goldsmith says
April 15, 2009 at 10:50 PM

What does Amanda think? Haha that is the question of the day. I am happy Stephan could get it since it has been a dream of his. WEIRD! I am honestly a little embarrased to ride in it. I definiltly plan on holding this over him when I find something I REALLY REALLY want. But overall it has just made him a nicer person. Thank You Land Yacht :) HAHAHAHAHA

The Thomas Family says
April 16, 2009 at 10:37 AM

That is FABULOUS! Man, I was sucked right into the story and was getting nervous and then... WHEW!!! Congrats on the approval nod and the sweet ride.

Lovely Lisa says
April 19, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Bradley just barely saw it and he can't stop laughing. "That is seriously the awesomest car I've ever seen."

(He's always liked big boats, too.)

Inland All Cycle Cycling Club says
April 19, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Sweet, I knew Brad was cool! Tell him he can come check it out anytime! I am working on putting together a sound system for it.

The Bailly Buzz says
April 20, 2009 at 12:52 AM

Let me just say, I am not surprised. I remember how he used to drool over my chrysler concorde. I'm still not sure I get some of his "dreams", but at least he's happy and someone has to love that car, right? Actually to tell you the truth, growing up we had a Cadillac that was probably as big as this one. And, it was a sweet ride.

Monty and Kristin says
April 23, 2009 at 8:18 PM

NICE CAR BROTHER! DOES YOUR BOSS HAVE A SECOND ONE IN BURGUNDY MAYBE? CONGRATS ON THE RIDE! YOU DID SUCH A GOOD JOB DESCRIBING THAT EXPERIENCE THAT I COULD NOT HELP BUT HEAR THE LYRICS 'AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT A G-THANG BABY' IN THE BACKGROUND-SO WEST COOOOAST!

Inland All Cycle Cycling Club says
April 24, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Thanks for your comments everyone! I just want to clarify that the story is fictional. I was trying to describe what I thought all of your might do in a situation like that! As for me, for those who know where I grew up, I would not be rolling my window up because we were in the ghetto! Amanda, no white knuckles there, she's down! ha ha, glad you all enjoyed it!!

esianoyam3 says
April 26, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I love it!! And the intro story was GREAT!