So as always I am doing this right before bed. But I found a quote that I just love while Blog surfing and I thought it was Blog worthy and very pertinent to the many lessons I have been learning over these past couple of years. I just love the words of the prophets!
'Pride is a sin that can readily be seen in others but is rarely admitted in ourselves. Most of us consider pride to be a sin of those on the top, such as the rich and the learned, looking down at the rest of us. (See 2 Ne. 9:42.) There is, however, a far more common ailment among us—and that is pride from the bottom looking up. It is manifest in so many ways, such as faultfinding, gossiping, backbiting, murmuring, living beyond our means, envying, coveting, withholding gratitude and praise that might lift another, and being unforgiving and jealous.
"From "Ezra Taft Benson, “Beware of Pride,” Ensign, May 1989, 4
Well that gives me alot to think about this week :) One more thing... 3 more days of Tax Season and then I will no longer be a single parent!!! I am sooooooooo excited. I mean sooooooooo EXCITED! Ahhhh I can almost smell the freedom! I sure do love my kids and husband!
Always Eat After 7: Science
6 years ago






4 Responses to "A Quote to Ponder"
April 13, 2009 at 12:01 AM
I love that whole talk of President Benson.
April 13, 2009 at 7:34 AM
That quote is so true.
I'm glad Stephan will be free soon!
April 14, 2009 at 5:04 PM
I love that quote! Thanks for sharing it. I hope you had a fabulous Easter! We miss you guys!!!
April 14, 2009 at 6:43 PM
I know that talk very very well. My mission president gave us all a copy and told us to read it often throughout our missions. When I taught at the MTC I read it with each of my districts. SO wonderful. The part I especially like in that it when it says "withholding gratitude and praise that might lift another".
It's easy to me to think good things and not say it but I need to say it more often!
Thanks for the reminder!!
Post a Comment