Getting Healthy!!!

Ok so getting healthy is always in the back of my mind nagging at me. I never really learned to love exercise don't get me wrong I feel great when I do but it just does not come naturally to me and the motivation is soooo hard to find. I also truly enjoy food. But I have suffered from a sensitive system my whole life. It has always been diagnosed as "IBS"! So after way to many visits to the bathroom in my life and going to bed with a stomach ache every night I decided to take things into my own hands. One of my favorite fitness gurus is Jillian Michael's from The Biggest Loser. Stephan and I listen to her pod casts and are always amazed at her insight. The podcast that I really think is going to change my life was about Celiac's Disease an Auto Immune disorder where your system cannot tolerate Gluten so I have started a Gluten free diet which I expound on in my other blog http://glutenfreemamag.blogspot.com. It is amazing the changes I have experienced! Anyways I found a quote by Jillian Michael's that has gotten me thinking...

4 Responses to "Getting Healthy!!!"

AJ says
May 23, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Non-food rewards...well, there's anything that a kid will work for...a tv show or movie, video game time. For adults there's bubble baths, a new book or something like that. And don't forget praise, love and time together playing. I don't know anyone who doesn't like praise and appreciation, and some of our best memories are playing together.

AJ says
May 23, 2009 at 11:48 PM

I was also going to say I'm glad you found out what the problem was. We have a second grader at school who has celiac's disease. We just hold the gluten part of her meal back and she knows what to watch out for on the salad bar.

As for the exercise...find something you really really enjoy doing and getting your exercise will become easy. Mine is walking.

Lovely Lisa says
May 24, 2009 at 10:20 AM

We should totally go walking together. I have to get in 250 minutes/week with the weight study I'm in, and Bradley's not always home to go with me.

We talk a lot about non-food rewards in the study. My personal favorite is pedicures. I get one once a month if I'm meeting the exercise goal.

Bradley's grandma had celiac disease, as does a guy I used to work with. It makes things more difficult, for sure, but it's not a death sentence.

Good luck with everything!

nickle says
May 27, 2009 at 4:04 PM

I have the same lack of motivation for exercise and love food way too much. RS used to have a morning walk group. Maybe we should get one going again?