Since about the middle of my pregnancy with Hunter I have gotten lax and started allowing Sam to sleep with us on occasion. Well basically our King Size bed turned into the "family bed". Not the greatest idea but we have kind of a love hate relationship with it. Weird? However Sam is getting bigger and Hunter Still not sleeping through the night soooo needless to say the bed is crowded! Well Becci aka "Mimi" got Sam a new bed and we have been talking to her about how she needs to be a big girl and sleep in it. But once again I have procrastinated making the switch as I knew it would be DRAMA! Well I woke up this morning sleeping in Samantha's bed with Hunter and Stephan and Sam were in our bed! I mean HELLO! As one famous comedian would say "That's your sign" That's it I thought tonight is the night. And it is which is why I am typing from the laptop in the doorway of Samantha's room because DRAMA is an understatement for what I have endured this glorious evening.
Always Eat After 7: Science
6 years ago






4 Responses to "Children and Sleep"
February 24, 2009 at 10:10 PM
LOL...I remember those days. Somehow we always started out alone, but by morning there was always one child with us. They usually outgrew it by the time they were 4-5. Some of my best sleep was when I was on the couch.
February 24, 2009 at 11:43 PM
Good luck! I still occasionally have Aiden climb into bed with us....and he is 9! Most nights, Jinelle ends up in our bed. I've tried it all and she is still in our bed. 4 1/2 years old and still wakes me up almost every night.
February 25, 2009 at 12:18 AM
Oy. Good luck with that. Bradley & I are pretty determined not to let that happen if we ever have kids, but we'll see. Growing up it just wasn't done, partly because my mom wouldn't allow it but mostly because my dad is a bed hog and you would get squashed! :)
February 25, 2009 at 5:54 PM
LOL, but at least you had the bed to yourself. Joseph finds me sneaking into Alex's room to sleep on his bed sometimes cause I get the whole bed after breakfast.
Post a Comment